Brownstainz's Suggestions From Discord

HerpBrownstainz

• Leadership Team

Suggestion #1

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Other - Ingame

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Let me hear my own toolgun. I can hear some other dipshits one so at least let me hear my own. Also let me build across roads, If I have some really well designed bridge I don't get why I cannot just build across a road to make a insane looking base. It'd be fully supported and everything.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

Let you know if you hit something, Also brings back one of the best parts of building. Building without the sound is just... Would also allow me to build cool shit.

Links:

https://discord.com/channels/789862234691207239/790617991456227399/865498204694249472

Extra:

Received a Total of 7 Upvotes on Discord, Just saying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion #2

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Other - Building

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Bring back the Context Menu remove/no collide option

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

Better when building, Like right now I have to swap tools to remove something then swap back.

Links:

https://discord.com/channels/789862234691207239/790617991456227399/866223177817128981

Extra:

Received a Total of 6 Upvotes and 2 Flushed Emotes on Discord.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Ye Lui now its your problem.

Think you've made like 3 suggestions in one post haha

About the bridges..

To allow for bridges across roads we'd have to change the rules on "megabasing" and basing.

You'll start to see roof top bases with bridges that run across to other buildings, not only will this create less building space for other players, it can look awful sometimes..

Would also encourage prop climbing since you'd be able to make a bridge to an area where you aren't meant to really be.

Admins will also have to constantly tell people to make the bridge more realistic (have pillars or support) which can sometimes block walkways down below.

The server is regularly seeing 90-100 people, the last thing we need is 10 bridges running across main street haha

Edited by Tuppy

Suggestion 1:

The idea of being able to hear your own tool gun is great, and to see that iconic blue line would be nice too. Adding to this, not being able to hear other's tool guns would be nice too.

Suggestion 1.5:

Completely disagree with bridges across streets. Never been practical, and personally, they usually aren't very pretty to look at.

Suggestion 2:

I love the idea of the context menu coming back, but I also love our current one. If somehow we got an update to what we have where the no collide and delete options were returned, that would be amazing.