Better Keycode Cracker

Nezzy Wezzu

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Discord, Forums, Other): In-game

Details/Information about your suggestion:

In its current form, the keycode cracker is basicly useless. Having the same time as a lockpick, its just a glorified lockpick that can only be used on fading doors.... Something that could bleed life into the keycode cracker is improvments to its speed, or even making it something that can attach to a keypad, leaving the user free to defend themselves

How do you think this will benefit the community?:

This would bring more life into the hacker as a hire-able criminal, as they'd be able to deal with fading doors and have a weapon out at the same time. Bringing more life into the hacker, however this change could make pro-theives a very broken meta... Perhaps they could get a pro-lockpick or something that takes less time... (Edit, i did not realise that they had a faster pick time already.) This change to the cracker would also bring more people to buy crackers at the BMD as they would be buying something that would help them out in raids, rather then a pretty much useless item...

Links:

This mod suits the bill of the one that can be attached to let people use other items, but the way it works could allow code raids later down the line... i dont know if this would be good for the server....

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1355856236&searchtext=placed+keycode+cracker

Edited by Nezzy Wezzu
  • Like 1

In its current form, the keycode cracker is practicly useless. Having the same time as a lockpick, its just a glorified lockpick that can only be used on fading doors.... Something that could bleed life into the keycode cracker is improvments to its speed, or even making it something that can attach to a keypad, leaving the user free to defend themselves

This would bring more life into the hacker as a hire-able criminal, as they'd be able to deal with fading doors and have a weapon out at the same time. Bringing more life into the hacker, however this change could make pro-theives a very broken meta... Perhaps they could get a pro-lockpick or something that takes less time... This change to the cracker would also bring more people to buy crackers at the BMD as they would be buying something that would help them out in raids, rather then a pretty much useless item...

Links:

This mod suits the bill of the one that can be attached to let people use other items, but the way it works could allow code raids later down the line... i dont know if this would be good for the server....

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1355856236&searchtext=placed+keycode+cracker

To add to this as long as you know where the fading door is the keypad is fucking useless lmao

I agree that the hacker and the keypad cracker in general needs a buff of some sort or a rework, however in saying that a pro lockpick isn't necessary, its already very quick and would be an unnecessary change

Edited by Mr Osama
  • Like 1

In its current form, the keycode cracker is practicly useless. Having the same time as a lockpick, its just a glorified lockpick that can only be used on fading doors.... Something that could bleed life into the keycode cracker is improvments to its speed, or even making it something that can attach to a keypad, leaving the user free to defend themselves

This would bring more life into the hacker as a hire-able criminal, as they'd be able to deal with fading doors and have a weapon out at the same time. Bringing more life into the hacker, however this change could make pro-theives a very broken meta... Perhaps they could get a pro-lockpick or something that takes less time... This change to the cracker would also bring more people to buy crackers at the BMD as they would be buying something that would help them out in raids, rather then a pretty much useless item...

Links:

The Pro Thief doesn't need a Pro-Lockpick, they already have a faster pick time than other jobs.

• Like 1

I would agree that the keypad cracker at the moment is really useless because:

1. Pro Thief has a faster lockpick

2. Keypad Cracker has the same time as the normal lockpick

3. Lockpicks can unlock fading door.

So the idea of the suggestion is to whether remove keypad cracker completely or buff it that it makes it useable and can be also essential to part of raiding. The reasons why I think this suggestion can be good:

1. This can help non-donators to co-op more with other non-donators to do a group raid especially having an hacker with this addon if they want a more successful raids.

2. Having this keypad cracker add-on would be op because you just only have to place down the keypad cracker and does it job (I haven't tried the add-on yet)

3. If this would be a thing, there would be changes to make pro lockpicks and the keypad cracker have differences in their efficiency and time it would take to raid with them, we need to make them balanced as possible.

2. Having this keypad cracker add-on would be op because you just only have to place down the keypad cracker and does it job (I haven't tried the add-on yet)

As i mentioned, from the very (vauge) info the workshop page gives off, it gives you the CODE rather then unlocking the door. Even if its a placeable rather then a useable, this could be abused the hell out of, unless there's someway to make it, not work like that, abuse WILL happen, and there will be many more code-raiding problems.

I agree, the keypad cracker needs to STICK to the keypad and do its job automatically.

This will make one-person raids more do-able cause they won't have to be stunlocked trying to lockpick the door. It's currently not reasonable to raid solo for this reason.

• Like 1

I agree, the keypad cracker needs to STICK to the keypad and do its job automatically.

This will make one-person raids more do-able cause they won't have to be stunlocked trying to lockpick the door. It's currently not reasonable to raid solo for this reason.

This is a perfect idea, I am literally not able to raid solo because of this.