Ban Fences From Being Used As Doors/Shooting Walls

Jake Server

What category does this suggestion apply to? (Map, Addons, Discord, Forums, Other):

Props - Fences

Details/Information about your suggestion:

Using fences as fading doors is essentially allowing a door to be used as a fading window/shooting wall. Allowing fences in bases is over powered and unrealistic. I suggest that fences are ban from being used as doors/shooting walls. Fences in bases can often be confusing for new players, which will likely deter them from returning to the server. Allowing fences in bases also leaves an increased chance of exploitation in base design.

How do you think this will benefit the server?:

This would balance the raiding environment and make it slightly more realistic. It should improve the quality of bases, as people will utilize fading windows instead. Should improve the retainment of newer players. Remove the likelihood of fail bases.

honestly I don't see a problem wit fences being used as they need to be see through and to shoot someone you have to expose your self so that means they can shoot you back and honestly the defender has more at stake and usually less players than an attacking team so making it easier to defend is not over powered
  • Like 1

Without fences all you have are damage detector doors which new players would have a way harder time understanding then a simple fence... How does this make a new player want to stay if they can't even see the end of the base and who might be waiting there ready to spray them.

Without fences all you have are damage detector doors which new players would have a way harder time understanding then a simple fence... How does this make a new player want to stay if they can't even see the end of the base and who might be waiting there ready to spray them.

Damage detector doors are generally considered fading door abuse on most servers, as it allows players to prefire in a way which disadvantages other players.

Denied

My man, you can't make an unrealistic claim about Garry's Mod bases, tell me what is realistic about entering numbers into a keypad then a prop 'fading', is that realistic? Should all fading doors be banned to make the game a more realistic experience? Fences are a simple prop that players inexperienced players use as kill windows etc. There are also rules around damage detectors to make it fair for the raider and owner.

Your suggestions show how unfamiliar you are with our rules and the server itself.

• Like 1