Arpo's Staff Application

Arpo

Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ItsArpo/

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61158707

Discord User#: Arpo#0001

RP Name: Arpo

Country/Time Zone: Australia - ACST (UTC +9:30)

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes (and I have 9 backup microphones - I'm a musician).

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): 6 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes, and 36 seconds exactly.

Hours.PNG.acc9728699af79bf2ab35d5854fc0cc6.PNG

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): I currently have zero warnings and I have never received a warning or ban on any previous Garry’s Mod communities.

Warnings.thumb.PNG.88058a803df7a3d37a3e9d7aaa2491c8.PNG

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): I currently have zero softbans/blacklists (as seen above).

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples):

I have a lot of staffing experience amongst different games, although most of my experience is through Garry's Mod DarkRP servers. I started off my staffing experience on the most popular server network in the USA at the time known as Defcon Gaming. I achieved Head Moderator after roughly a month before resigning after 6 months. I moved onto the Australian-based network a few years later known as SupremacyRP and sat as a Moderator for around 5 months before resigning also. Both resignations were due to schooling commitments which is now not a problem. In between this, I have attempted to start up a Garry's Mod community which never succeeded due to personal reasons, however, this gave me additional skill sets related to game mechanics that can now help me understand certain situations better.

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?:

I believe I have the right mindset and skillsets to fulfill a position as a staff member. I am very open-minded and never immediately jump to a conclusion about right or wrong. I enjoy learning about different things, especially if it’s something I can teach to less experienced players. I also enjoy talking and meeting new people and I believe this is good quality as it builds relationships with players and shows trust amongst the staff team. I also believe that I have great abilities to work as a team (which will be further elaborated on below) as a position such as this is very team-based and I know I can get along well with the current staff.

Aside from all of my personal qualities and skillsets, I have ensured I am prepared for this position through a range of different methods. Firstly, before writing this application, I read through many accepted and denied applications along with their replies to ensure anything I haven’t done well in, was corrected. These things include my Discord activity and forum activity, which have been improved alongside my exposure to the community in-game. Although I may not have met every single player or staff member in-game yet, I have done my best to interact with anyone I can as hopefully this can prove my dedication to the community and the role. I also ensure to regularly read through the rules and ask questions in relation to certain rules if I was unsure about the context so I can always provide the correct understanding to anyone who needs it.

Recently, I have been seeing some new faces as I have gotten to know a lot of the regular community, and in multiple scenarios, I have been able to put my knowledge to the test and help newer players with understanding what can and can’t be done. This allows me to experience the role without having proper perms and to start practicing the role if I were to be accepted. So far, most of these players I have helped out have been very understanding and are willing to follow rules as I believe my nature is very calm, very patient, and easy to get along with.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples):

A lot of my team working experience and skillsets have come from IRL working commitments. I have worked in customer service roles consistently for the last 5 years and this has taught me how to work with my team, how to communicate, and the importance of a chain of command. In all of my work roles being part of retail teams, we would work together daily to maintain stock levels, complete certain tasks and communicate to ensure everything was up to standard. My current job has been the most team-based part of my career so far, and after only 8 months of working here, I was promoted to a solo managing position. I was the most recent hire on my team and the quickest person to be promoted to manager since the store had launched. This shows my ability to learn as quickly as possible and to stand out amongst everyone around me. I'm still in this position to date and my role includes managing a team of roughly 20 people through rostering weekly, instructing staff to complete tasks, fulfill orders, manage stock levels, and much more. Aside from my IRL commitments, my experience within Garry’s Mod communities and previous staff teams (as mentioned above) has also taught me how to work within teams like this and to provide the best experience to the community possible.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?:

If I were to be accepted, I will ensure that my best work is put towards the job and do my best in creating a quality roleplay environment for the community. As briefly mentioned above, some of my qualities I can bring to the team include being patient, understanding, willing to learn, able to learn quickly, always focused on following staff guidelines and server rules, and being dedicated to the role.

I am also aware of the importance of being empathetic towards all players. I always try to see the best in people but do not let it cloud my judgment. I don’t like to jump to conclusions until I understand the entire scenario and to ensure rules were actually broken. I believe this is an important quality as it avoids mistaken punishments and keeps high morale within the community.

Due to my work, I am usually always available during later hours and will be online between 10pm and 2am ACST every day. This doesn’t include two days during the week in which I am usually available for the entire day. This allows me to be active during the quieter server hours when there may be fewer staff around, in addition to the times when the server is at its peak. All up, I am able to be active within the community for roughly 30 hours per week.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: I understand and agree.

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: I understand and agree.

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: I understand and agree.

Aside from this application, being part of this community has been an honour so far and I appreciate everyone who I have met along the way and had fun with. If I am accepted to receive a staff position, I agree to put in the work needed to shine and to ensure everyone who joins the server has a good experience. If I am denied, I agree to still put in as much work as before to ensure things are fixed up and to provide an even better application and presence in the future. Ultimately, applications like these are hard to write for me as I prefer to give credit to others rather than talking myself up, however, I hope that this has shown my dedication towards the community and my overall ability to fulfill the staff role as best as possible.

Thanks for reading

:)

+1

I can say I personally haven't interacted with you in game at any point, so I must judge you off your application alone, and for that I commend you with a thorough and detailed application that is EXTREMELY well formatted. On the basis of the application alone I can see that you clearly have the maturity and professionalism the be a staff member.

My only concern is that your discord activity is extremely low, and the fact I haven't seen you on much is a slight issue, however if you can prove your dedication to the role I have no issue with this (You may have just returned to the community based on your activity).

Wishing you all the best on your application :)

• Like 1

+1

I don't remember interacting with you too much but I absolutely love the effort put into the staff app and the server.

From the little times I have interacted i've had no issues at all with you and you seem to be chill.

The app is amazingly detailed and 1 week with no warns is a very good start. The only thing i hope for in the future is that we interact more.

Stay safe

-Cooper

Hello Arpo,

To start of this is a Huge +1 from me. This application alone is great youve listed why you deserve this role perfectly. you have zero warns which is also good to see.

Your forum and discord activity is also good, i think you possess some great qualities that would be a asset to the staff team.

Good Luck Arpo

Hey man, I really did think about giving you a +1, because this application is exceptionally well written, you have extensively listed and addressed why you deserve the rank and I wholeheartedly believe this is the best Staff Application I've seen during my playtime. Furthermore, you have exceptional staffing experience, no warns and 6 days of playtime, which is moreover completely outstanding.

However there is a massive issue and that is community presence. No one that has supported you thus far appears to know you, which personally is a massive red flag. While I'm sure you exhibit qualities that are necessary for the Staffing Position, it doesn't make much sense for me to +1 someone who I don't know exists, especially when the general consensus is you lack an overall appearance.

Of course, From the application you sound exceptional. However, it just doesn't make sense for me to go off the application alone as others have done, as a major pre-requisite to become a Staff Member is Community presence. I hope this isn't discouraging in any way shape or form, this is just my own take.

Best of luck though my man, you sound like a great guy.

Edited by Conan

+1 hey man i haven't seen you a lot but i have seen you enough to know that you are a very easy going person and good to get along with 6 days and zero warns is really good to see and shows you know the rules and you having previous staff experience is really god and will help you if you do get the role.

good luck man

+1

Hey man so starting off with the bad I really don't know too much about you, however other than that I can't possibly give you a minus 1 due to this amazingly written application, you clearly put a lot of time and effort into this app and judging what others have stated about you it seems you're an easy going type of guy.

Good luck with the application man!

Hey, originally this was a +1 but after reviewing your activity in game I don't feel as though I can confidently endorse you for this rank. Like everyone else I don't know you super well, and whilst I have seen you before in game you are currently AFK in your base and I suspect this has been going on for a majority of your time on the server given that so many people know nothing about you despite now having over a week of playtime. Your application is really good which is what initially convinced me to +1 your application, however I can't really trust that you'd know what you're doing and have any actual knowledge of how you need to act on the server or if you know the rules. You have no warnings, but is that the result of a great understanding of the rules or because you spend no time actually playing on the server? I think that you'd be a really good candidate if you take the time to actually make yourself known in the community and not just AFK for a large playtime. Maybe with your prior staffing experience it doesn't matter, but clearly you're willing to cut corners and I just don't see you being a great fit right now.

Edited by Tony Pepperoni

Hey, originally this was a +1 but after reviewing your activity in game I don't feel as though I can confidently endorse you for this rank. Like everyone else I don't know you super well, and whilst I have seen you before in game you are currently AFK in your base and I suspect this has been going on for a majority of your time on the server given that so many people know nothing about you despite now having over a week of playtime. Your application is really good which is what initially convinced me to +1 your application, however I can't really trust that you'd know what you're doing and have any actual knowledge of how you need to act on the server or if you know the rules. You have no warnings, but is that the result of a great understanding of the rules or because you spend no time actually playing on the server? I think that you'd be a really good candidate if you take the time to actually make yourself known in the community and not just AFK for a large playtime. Maybe with your prior staffing experience it doesn't matter, but clearly you're willing to cut corners and I just don't see you being a great fit right now.

Hey Tony, thanks for the feedback and I appreciate you mentioning your concerns. I can assure you that 90% of the time on the server up until this application was posted (in reference to the time screenshot), was genuine playtime. Since posting this application, I have been AFK whilst at work purely for the sake of making a bit of extra money.

I assume this change in your review came from you teleporting to me, in which I am AFK in my base, however, the only reason is that I have been writing out a review on another application and doing various other forum-related things.

I'm not asking for a change in your opinion or anything related to this, however, I just wanted to assure you and anyone else with concerns that my intentions are not to cut corners and not to gain playtime through AFKing. With this being said, I'm still trying to meet and interact with as many people that I haven't met as possible, and this will continue during the duration of my application and following the decision.

Edited by Arpo

+1

Coming with a +1. I'll start with the positives. Your app is well detailed and the times I have talked to you, you seem like a good guy. 6 day's of playtime and and no warns is really good and shows you keep yourself out of trouble.

Onto the negatives. Discord and forum activity is not the best and it needs to be improved. Your in-game activity needs to improve. Overall, your community presence needs to improve.

Good luck with the app.

Edited by Cunt

+1

Absolute lad, I've had more interactions with you recently and you definitely show great qualities of a staff member, whilst I don't think we interacted when I was even staff on supremacy, I'm sure others (as above) can vouch for that, and considering you have that experience I have no doubt that you would make an exceptional staff member, you're a great guy to be around and I don't see why you couldn't get this role. Activity of course could be a bit better but that is starting to improve over time.

Good luck man

- Osama

+1

After reading through your application, I believe you are a good candidate for staff, though there are some improvements I would like to see.

With the positives first, your application is very well written and I am impressed by your attitude.

Firstly, before writing this application, I read through many accepted and denied applications along with their replies to ensure anything I haven’t done well in, was corrected.

This is something I typically preach to all applicants. Having the initiative to improve yourself is a characteristic that all staff members should have. It shows a growth mindset and it shows maturity. As you have said this, I have no doubt that you will read these replies and improve with the feedback given.

You seem familiar with the rules, as you have no warnings with 6 days playtime. In regards to what Tony has said, I'm not sure there is sufficient evidence that most of your playtime is AFK farming but I could be wrong. Besides, seeing you AFK once isn't a big deal in my eyes as a player. You would obviously like to make extra money and I used to do that as well.

But in saying that, as a staff member you cannot sit AFK for any longer then 10 minutes. So it is a habit that will need to stop if you wish to be a staff member.

You have past (good) experience in Supremacy and other servers which is a major plus one in my eyes as past experience is something that will aid you in your early times of staffing in Orbital.

Small improvements need to be made but they aren't massive. Definitely not enough to give you a -1. As I said, you will need to stop with the AFK farming. Some people don't know you as a person which is something that can easily be fixed. Be active on forums, talk in discord, join calls and base with people. All these small things will aid you in getting more of a presence. I have seen you around in the server so it isn't alarming. Plus, a normal player isn't completely obligated to always be on the forums or discord. As your application is up now, I expect to see your activity increased.

I wish you good luck and I hope you get the job.

Zoe <span style=❤️">

Huge -1 no doubt about it you're an INCREDIBILY toxic player and just a real determent to this WONDERFUL community sitting afk is an unforgivable crime and I bet you've been racist before at one stage in your life and

my experience within Garry’s Mod communities and previous staff teams (as mentioned above) has also taught me how to work within teams like this and to provide the best experience to the community possible.

This here from your application is a massive red flag and a bad quality that you probably should've avoided putting on here and lied instead

[HEADING=1]latest?cb=20110412214525[/HEADING]

200.gif

downvoted.jpg.635ac3d527587a3e485495b758d54fe8.jpg