Addon Suggestion: Customizable Weaponry 2.0

ItalianWaffle

Category: DarkRP

Details/Info: Customizable Weaponry 2.0 is a firearms addon that I've seen in many-a successful server, so there are references. Customizable Weaponry 2.0 is an (in my opinion) undeniably superior addon to any other I've seen used and some of the BEST DarkRP experiences I and many others have had seem to have directly stemmed from the addition of this Addon.

Features:

- Dynamic recoil and accuracy

- Custom viewmodel movement

- Surface ricochet and penetration

- Firemodes

- Weapon holstering on weapon change

- Optional free-aim

- Inability to fire weapon when in water/climbing a ladder

- Weapons Designed for both singleplayer and multiplayer

- High weapon customization value

- Ability to adjust position of sights

- Weapon chambering

- Optional blur effects when reloading/aiming/customizing

- Ability to turn on simple telescopics and toggle the crosshair

- Attachment preset system

- Quick grenades

- A very flexible, easy to use and modular plug-in system for developers

- Heavy weapons slightly slow you down

- Custom optional HUD elements for displaying health and ammo (Spawn Menu > Utilities > CW 2.0 > Client)

The weapon models and animations are among the best I've seen from Garry's Mod and skyrocket immersion and enjoyability levels.

Benefits to Community: Generally, I think an addon that gives players more control over their roleplay experience while maintaining a level of fun and light-heartedness that is expected from a DarkRP server (not HARDCORE, realistic roleplay) is a must-have, this mod is no exception. Every DarkRP server that's featured this mod has soared miles higher than it's competition in terms of player-count and it especially affects the flow of the server and helps maintain a non-toxic experience.

If you have any issues with the addons, there are tons of third party addons for CW 2.0 that allow you to customize it as you see fit.

There are also TONS of third party addons that add even more weapons than what is already present in Customizable Weaponry 2.0 and Extra Customizable Weaponry 2.0. I believe there is also already a version made for DarkRP.

Links: CW 2.0, Extra CW 2.0

I hope I've provided enough info for the server to consider implementing this addon!

Cheers, Everyone

Waffle.

Hey man

the attachments are pretty cool but they look messy, with the recoil i would say most people agree with me and say thats a bit weird considering when you shoot you already got a little bit of recoil dont want to change that to much. Bigger

weapons that slow you down would be pretty cool but would be hard to implement.

there are already fire modes so that wouldn't need to been added in because it is added by default. with the awp and scout you can change there zoom in features so that wouldn't need to be added in aswell. With the grenades i would say it would be chaos because you could kill other people in crossfire which will lead top more tickets for the staff. -1

the rest i don't really mind what happens to them they would be hard to implement though

Aspect

Cool gun go Brrrrrrr...

I feel like some sort of change in weaponry might give the sever a bit of a refreshing taste, even if only certain parts of the mod were added. I understand it would be difficult to change it over, but I think just changing the tick rates of weapons to give variation to the current combat system is more annoying than anything.

Plus the current random bloom on weapons is REALLY annoying

+1

I think some customisation on guns would be nice (ability to customise sights and whatnot), but I question the necessity of a full revamp of all the guns because (at least in my experience) I've never thought that the m9k guns already used were bad in any way. I could be wrong, but I think the current ones are plenty and don't need to be replaced

This has potential, but imo this is a "don't fix it if its not broken" situation. Going to give a -1 but I'm interested in what the rest of the community has to say about this.

Until i saw this post i never thought of changing the weapons within the server. However, your post has peaked my interest. i like the idea of customizable weaponry and could provide a spot of difference between user's firearms. Yet i have to ask my self is this really needed? and i believe not. i frequently see a large variety of weapons used in the server. so the benefit of customizable weapons is diminished in my eyes. Thanks for the post as i thought it was an interesting idea but it is a -1 from me.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Category: DarkRP

Details/Info: Customizable Weaponry 2.0 is a firearms addon that I've seen in many-a successful server, so there are references. Customizable Weaponry 2.0 is an (in my opinion) undeniably superior addon to any other I've seen used and some of the BEST DarkRP experiences I and many others have had seem to have directly stemmed from the addition of this Addon.

Features:

- Dynamic recoil and accuracy

- Custom viewmodel movement

- Surface ricochet and penetration

- Firemodes

- Weapon holstering on weapon change

- Optional free-aim

- Inability to fire weapon when in water/climbing a ladder

- Weapons Designed for both singleplayer and multiplayer

- High weapon customization value

- Ability to adjust position of sights

- Weapon chambering

- Optional blur effects when reloading/aiming/customizing

- Ability to turn on simple telescopics and toggle the crosshair

- Attachment preset system

- Quick grenades

- A very flexible, easy to use and modular plug-in system for developers

- Heavy weapons slightly slow you down

- Custom optional HUD elements for displaying health and ammo (Spawn Menu > Utilities > CW 2.0 > Client)

The weapon models and animations are among the best I've seen from Garry's Mod and skyrocket immersion and enjoyability levels.

Benefits to Community: Generally, I think an addon that gives players more control over their roleplay experience while maintaining a level of fun and light-heartedness that is expected from a DarkRP server (not HARDCORE, realistic roleplay) is a must-have, this mod is no exception. Every DarkRP server that's featured this mod has soared miles higher than it's competition in terms of player-count and it especially affects the flow of the server and helps maintain a non-toxic experience.

If you have any issues with the addons, there are tons of third party addons for CW 2.0 that allow you to customize it as you see fit.

There are also TONS of third party addons that add even more weapons than what is already present in Customizable Weaponry 2.0 and Extra Customizable Weaponry 2.0. I believe there is also already a version made for DarkRP.

Links: CW 2.0, Extra CW 2.0

I hope I've provided enough info for the server to consider implementing this addon!

Cheers, Everyone

Waffle.

I've played with both...

On a MilitaryRP server this works tremendously for realism but on a darkRP server its not really needed and will only start compliants

It will honestly be an annoyance for most if not all people -1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Unfortunately allthough customisable weapons are cool, it messes with alot of stuff development wise.

We have to change all gundealer/blackmarket shipments, all the weapon skins and cases have to be-recreated (this alone is such a huge job)... pretty much everything related to guns has to be re-coded/re-worked to suit new weapons. Very very big job for not too much gain imo