ThyKing's Staff App

thyking

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:559903686

Discord User#: ThyKing#5184

RP Name: ThyKing

Age: 13 turning 14 this year (tuppy gave me an age exemption)

Country/Time Zone: Australia AEDT

Do you have a working Microphone?: Yes

What is your gametime? (Post a screenshot): staffappgametime.thumb.jpg.cda317fc4ee8bd73c7f3a4adfeba93de.jpg

How many warnings do you have? (Post a screenshot): staffappwarns.thumb.jpg.cd49f3cf1387d6a55da8be45911d6ec2.jpg

How many Softbans/Blacklists do you have? (Post a screenshot): Shown above

Do you have any previous or current staff experience? (Provide examples): I have staffed on multiple Gta rp servers previously, Idk if this would fit here but I used to do scouts so I learnt a lot and gained friendship and teamwork with the people I worked with. In school I used to be a hockey team leader and I also used to do baseball

Why do you believe that you deserve this staffing position?: I have great teamwork skills, I am someone who is very mature, I have a great work ethic, I have a large amount of time spent on orbital showing great dedication, I'm a trusted member and a commissioner showing, I have great activity in game, on the discord and on the forums, I often answer questions in ooc and when people come up to me if I know the answer, I often have a lot of spare time that I can't do much in that I spend on the server, I am willing to take time out of roleplaying and grinding to take tickets and ensure the server runs well, I have an extremely great knowledge of the rules, in 3 weeks I've only gained one warn, admittedly something I have worked on and needed to work on, but I've made it, I can stay level headed even in stressful situations, I often see people breaking rules and causing trouble before other people can catch on by using little hits, I find myself knowing who to look out for in situations when the server is quiet and has no one making tickets.

Explain your ability to work as a team (Using examples) I find myself influencing peoples decisions often, During my time as a scout I learnt a lot of good lessons one big one being how to work as a team effectively, I'm currently a commissioner which requires teamwork and multiple other traits that are needed for staff, I have done baseball and hockey which are 2 sports requiring teamwork to be successful, I respond well to constructive criticism, I love to hear peoples opinions and am always willing to have a friendly debate about a correct answer to something and I'm never a sore loser and always take it well, I often help my family around the house due to some of them having health problems that make them unable to do some thing themselves, I'm always willing to help out for the better.

What qualities will you bring to the staff team?: I'm a commissioner meaning I can handle tickets with pd related things and know what to do, I have an extreme knowledge of the rules, anything I don't know I'm willing to learn, I'm respectful to most even if they I don't respect them as I know being respectful doesn't take much, I thrive to do my best work, I'm willing to dedicate time to make sure the server runs well and is minge free, I'm willing to listen to what other people say as long as it is correct, I have no bias towards anyone which is something I often show, I'm willing to let people explain what they saw and try to figure out what happened off of two peoples statements, I'm a very honest person, I'm always willing to help, I'm very organised, I bring a positive attitude to everything when possible.

Do you agree not to abuse or misuse the powers given to moderate the server?: absolutely

Do you agree that your powers will be stripped completely if misused?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the Staff Expectations once given?: Yes

-1 i honestly don't know what pinto is on because thyking is very immature i have seen how he acts as a commissioner and how he treats his fellow officers and it is honestly sickening i would hate to have him on the staff team as i don't see how he brings anything positive to the team plus he says that he is not biased and yet i see him be nothing but biased to those around him
  • Confused 1

+1. ThyKing is a trusted and respected member of Orbital servers. Extremely mature, direct and down to earth. I personally believe ThyKing will shine if given the opportunity in staff, and will become notorious for his efforts and knowledge. Perhaps his forwardness may be an issue for some, however I believe it holds a extremely positive quality for that of staff. Edited by Mike Untsore

Hey, Thyking!

I want to start by saying I do like the amount of effort in this application and you are someone who does know the rules, although my problem is you do tend to have a temper and at times you can be immature and as froakie stated you do have a biased towards those you are friends with and more on the temper thing, something we don’t need on the staff team is staff members lashing out over people who break rules if they get a bit aggressive or annoying in the sit as this is something that occurs all the time and it is something you need to be equip for and I believe something you can’t have a temper with, being a staff member means you have to be very patient and very professional at all times to properly represent the orbital staff team I’m very sorry but I will leave this with a -1

Good luck with your application!

I need not elaborate past your bias

I often don’t consider age to be a core factor unless they can’t control their bias. I’ve had several staff tell me, as well as through my own observations, that you maintain grudges and have been seen creating nonsensical criticisms on people’s applications. It’s been a recurring issue and you need to snap out of it ASAP if you really want the role.

Your knowledge on the game mode, activity and warns are great, but you really need to work on your maturity if you wish to succeed.

regardless, good luck on your application.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

+1

Look I'm going to be un biase here and say that you are nice and a good person just need to improve on your behaviour because you do get a little to heated sometimes but other then that my interactions with you have been nothing but good, Good luck on your staff app though bro

• Like 1

as stated above you have a great bias towards those you value, otherwise you don’t attempt to create nor repair relationships with people. You maintain a level of criticism and negativity towards people whom you don’t value or have had single negative interactions with. I think the action of removing your personal views and opinions from criticism or when providing an independent opinion is a skill that is learnt with age and time. which you currently don’t have. out of the the times i have interacted, or seen you interact you can be very condescending and rude, characteristics which i wouldn’t want an admin to posses. For these reason exactly, i do not believe you belong on the staff team. -Alf

Im on my mobile thats on like 11% so my apologies if my feedback is unsatisfactory

"I often see people breaking rules and causing trouble before other people can catch on by using little hits, I find myself knowing who to look out for in situations when the server is quiet and has no one making tickets. " i am unsettled by the fact that you actively look out for rule breakers even when the servers quiet, while yes, staff are supposed to moderate, its just rude to nitpick everyone and constantly make tickets. (Unless its severe like prop minge or mrdm etc) Im not great at putting stuff into words, but hopefully you get what i mean. I feel like it would be better if you dialed down this sort of activity.

(Technically you arent doing anything wrong, but its more of a manners sort of thing)

And likewise with the above feedback, your maturity could use some work.

Ofcourse its fair to argue i havent been ingame recently and perhaps my opinion is infact invalid, however for now i will give a

best of luck,

• Like 1

[JUSTIFY]You may have a great activity and such great dedication in the community that made you get 3 weeks of total playtime but your temper and your attitude isn't really controllable even you if you so in your applications. Even if you had a bad day because of someone caused you a big time, you don't know how to control it and it affects other people easily. Even if it could be a small thing the person caused, your temper goes high to the top and you can't control it whatsoever. With that problem of you, It does not fit so well for this application. Not only that you would lose your temper, the worse scenarios are that you even become toxic to people that you really hate or that triggered your temper to be toxic which is really totally a big NO NO for this application. If you cannot or worse never control your behavior or attitude even if you say " I can handle stressful situations " etc. etc. especially that you're one of a commanding officer of the PD, you should know how to respect and control it by now, you are truly not a fit for a staff role. If this keeps happening from you, who knows when you will mature up.

You are very power hungry, before you were one of the commanding officer in PD, you were just upright respectful to everyone because of the ranks you're grinding. But as soon as you have accomplished what you've dreamt of in the PD ranks, you have started to look down at people, disrespecting people that caused mistakes even if it was just a minor or not of a big deal issue. You use emotion over your responsibility and duty as one in the PD despite you have been trained to be kind and preserve obedience to people around you. As said by aflernando, your way of feedbacks to people's applications have been really biased, you did not take into account what they lack of their application but you straight up feedback with your bad criticism and being too emotional about the applicant. [/JUSTIFY]

I can stay level headed even in stressful situations

I truly doubt if you can stay level headed, even if you're a high rank in PD you still cause negative interactions to the people around you because of your so little controlled attitude and tempered. People always complain how easily you get mad even if it was just a small issue, you still cannot get in your head on how to try to control your temper nor your emotions. You may say to yourself you may stay level headed but if the people in the community keeps complaining of your so called temper, then you really need to listen and reflect. Sometimes, you don't listen to other people about what's your problem and think that you can just handle it is just being immature.

I often see people breaking rules and causing trouble before other people can catch on by using little hits, I find myself knowing who to look out for in situations when the server is quiet and has no one making tickets.

You not only see people breaking rules, you sometimes target on people you hate waiting for them to break a rule. As a staff member of the community, not everyone is a babysitter, we're not here to spectate and look each everyone in the community if they did something wrong or not. If you keep clinging on someone "you'd think" that he/she breaks a rule and waiting for a right time to make a ticket or even WORSE you would trigger the person unto breaking the rule which is a really a big no no. If you keep doing on being a "vigilante" of rule breakers, you're not even playing the game for fun but for what? Power? Reputation?

You need to reflect on the community feedback and try to listen to people what to say about your attitude and temper.

Good Luck on your application and have a great day

DENIED

I think Fisckii summed this up really well.

There needs to be an improvement about your general attitude.

All applications require comments from the community, I feel as if you have burnt your bridges with some people.

I suggest working on gaining back some of the respect from our members!

You may re-apply in 2 weeks

• Like 1